Wisconsin State Laboratory of Hygiene operates the Data Portal, which provides information about infectious diseases of public health concern in Wisconsin.
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use the Data Portal.
For a better experience while using the Data Portal, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, phone number, and email address. The information that we collect will be used to contact you when the contact us form is used.
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our Data Portal, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our Data Portal that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate the usage of the Data Portal;
- To provide the Data Portal on our behalf;
- To perform Data Portal-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Data Portal is used.
- We want to inform our Data Portal users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.